How much do you know about Cincinnati Ballet’s Nutcracker? In this video, we collected some little known facts about Frisch’s Big Boy Presents The Nutcracker so you can feel like an insider before you get to the theater. If you’re already an expert, we have even more fun facts below!
Did you know?
- Over 100 children perform in The Nutcracker.
- Each year Artistic Director & CEO Victoria Morgan tweaks the choreography, so the show is never the same twice.
- Special surprise guests from past years have included Jean Robert, Frisch’s Big Boy, and Rosie Red.
- In addition to the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, there is a live chorus to accompany the dancing.
- The Snow Queen’s crown is the same design as the top of the Great American building in downtown Cincinnati.
- More than 200 costumes are worn during The Nutcracker. It costs over $2,000 a year just to store the sets and costumes!
- Cincinnati Ballet’s performances of The Nutcracker are seen by almost 30,000 people every year.
- Nutcracker costume designer Carrie Robbins was nominated for a Tony award, twice!
- The sugar plum fairy wears out a pair of pointe shoes every performance.