Music Hall, one of the nation’s most treasured performance venues, is undergoing a major renovation that will realize long-awaited upgrades throughout this iconic structure. These updates will build upon Music Hall’s world-class acoustics and retain the hall’s historic grandeur, including a revitalized exterior, more comfortable seating and many other enhancements to improve and enliven the experience of both performer and patron.
When Music Hall reopens in the Fall of 2017, Cincinnati Ballet will join our fellow arts organizations, the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Cincinnati Opera and May Festival as a resident company. Starting in the 2017-2018 Season, three of our productions will be presented at Music Hall, including Victoria Morgan’s passionate and powerful Romeo and Juliet, with a classic Sergei Prokofiev score, as well as our beloved Nutcracker. We are thrilled to bring ballet back to the Music Hall stage!
We want to ensure our patrons are informed about the Music Hall renovation process and Cincinnati Ballet’s 2017-2018 performances. We will communicate significant changes and learnings via email; click here to sign up for Cincinnati Ballet emails.
Stay tuned! Our full 2017- 2018 Season will be announced in March 2017.
CINCINNATI BALLET UPDATES
● Three of our 2017-2018 productions will be at Music Hall, including:
Victoria Morgan’s Romeo and Juliet, October 26-29, 2017
Frisch’s Big Boy Presents The Nutcracker, December 14-24, 2017
One additional Music Hall production, to be announced on March 10, 2017
● The cutting-edge Kaplan New Works Series will remain in the intimate Jarson-Kaplan Theater at the Aronoff Center
● Two innovative programs will be presented in the grand Procter & Gamble Hall at the Aronoff Center, to be announced on March 10
MUSIC HALL UPDATES
The renovation includes:
● A revitalized exterior that connects the hall more directly to the neighborhood
● A renovated Springer Auditorium with new, more comfortable seating, improved sightlines and flexible configurations for different types of performances.
● The center of the main floor/orchestra level are among the best seats, and balcony seats will also include additional legroom. Seating changes, after renovation, will include the elimination of a center aisle in order to maintain appropriate main floor seating capacity.
● While the historic Music Hall columns will remain, the number of seats positioned behind those columns have been reduced.
● New practice rooms, dressing rooms and other backstage necessities for performers, and a new, large rehearsal/event space.
● Expanded restrooms and concessions; and other enhancements to improve the patron and artist experience.
We are committed to helping our Cincinnati Ballet Subscribers reserve your most preferred seats at Music Hall and the Aronoff Center. In March, renewing subscribers for the 2017-2018 Season will have the option to keep seats that are similar to their current seats or take advantage of this opportunity and try something new!