If you are seeking information about auditions for the professional company, please see our auditions page.
Cincinnati Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Academy Operations Manager
Reports to: Academy Dean and Managing Director
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt
Prepares budgets and monitors expenses and revenues for all Academy in both studio locations. Plans, implements and tracks marketing campaigns and materials. Develops and enforces policies and procedures for Academy, including billing and registration procedures, student conduct, etc. Set ups, runs, and oversees Academy Spring Production for Main Division. Supervises board committee in conducting and implementing strategic planning. Responsible for all logistics for the main Summer Intensive Program. Supervises Academy Registrar, Academy Assistant, Academy Intern and receptionists, and closely interacts with all part time Academy teachers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares budget for each fiscal year
- Monitors expenses and revenue by providing monthly projections
- Responsible for submitting purchase orders, credit card purchases and check requests
- Write and prepare information for Annual Report
- Work closely with graphic designer to produce marketing material for all Academy purposes including but not limited to: Fall Brochure, Summer Intensive poster, Summer Program brochure, Free Dance Week Material, and magazine ads
- Assigning brochure drops in local day cares, libraries and restaurants to encourage enrollment
- Contact appropriate magazines and outlets to advertise Academy
- Organize mailing of marketing materials
- Assist with outreach performances
- Set up, maintain, and update Academy website and Academy and Summer Intensive Facebook Page
- Oversee weekly electronic Newsletter
- Develop Monthly newsletter through Constant contact
- Maintain Academy bulletin boards with relevant updated information
- Communicate with parents on a regular basis regarding policies procedures
- Schedule rehearsals for weekend leading up to the production
- Schedule costume fitting times for Main Division students, communicate with wardrobe about selected costumes, fittings, and any casting and quick changes during the production
- Schedule rehearsals for theater week and the Production
- Day of show scheduling: arrival, rehearsal, pictures, performance, dismissal
- Organize drop off and pick up times and locations for students
- Assign dressing rooms and wardrobe area
- Hire photographer for both staged pictures in backstage area as well as front of house pictures for future marketing materials and purchase by families to commemorate their experience
- Hire videographer for Children’s Division and Main Division production to distribute to families
- Assemble information packets for parents and volunteers(transporting of supplies between locations)
- Obtaining parent volunteers, receptionists, and teacher assistants for backstage during the show as well as volunteers and staff to work the lobby with merchandise, ticket sales, flower sales, and other necessary marketing tables
- Communicating with teachers obtaining music selection and information on the piece
- Work closely with Production Director and stage manager to organize sound and lighting for the show
- Works with graphic designer on look and design of program
- Working with Graphics department to develop a t-shirt to sell to Academy Students
- Assist with audition contracts, liability insurance and studio fees to audition sites
- Administer and retain teacher contracts
- Work with University of Cincinnati to set up dorm room living situations
- Schedule weekend events for out of town students
- Arrange for transportation of students to and from the dorm with both bus service and van
- Interview, hire and train all Summer Program work-study positions
- Organize lunches for students while at the program
- Be readily available to all students and parents to assist with questions at all hours of the day
- Assemble information packets for parents and students with information on program
- Work with graphics designer to come up with merchandise to sell during Intensive
- Prepares and reports bi-weekly payroll for 25 part time teachers from both locations
- Writes check requests for incoming Guest teachers for hourly pay and per diem
- Assigns substitute teachers as necessary
- Type up, distribute and retain teacher contracts
- Assist with questions regarding student issues, Spring Production, and general Academy Information
- Assign duties and jobs for receptionist
- Assist with receptionist substitutes as needed
- Create and maintain contracts for Rhythm & Motion program
The Academy Operations Manager will interact closely with Development, Marketing, volunteers and Board of Trustees and provide information to donors, potential donors, volunteers, CB Board of Trustees and others from the community.
Commitment to Service
S/he must be responsive to the needs and request of CB staff, volunteers and Board of Trustees. S/he must extend courtesy, friendliness and overall respect to all of the above. S/he will collaborate with other staff and/or departments to meet the needs and expectations of customers.
Listens well, shares work-related information, is open to others’ perspectives, work styles and methods. Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization. Develops effective working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to effective work. Able to address conflict in a respectful manner. Expresses ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
Able to prioritize work to meet deadlines. Consistently follows through on projects and issues.
Adaptable and responsive to change. Able to adequately respond to request and demands in a timely manner. Adapt at modifying plans/strategies as needed to best meet the needs of those involved.
The work week is Tuesday to Monday. This position requires flexibility in scheduling, including evenings, weekends and Holidays throughout the year. Examples of a standard workday (eight hours with 30 minutes for lunch): More than 40 hours per week could be required throughout the year.
8:30 am to 5:00 pm
9:00 am to 5:30 pm
9:30 am to 6:00 pm
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: Catherine Batcheller, Academy Dean and Megan Alley, Academy Operations Manager, Cincinnati Ballet, 1555 Central Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45214 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (No telephone inquiries or calls please.
Reports to: Academy Operations Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Intern duties include but are not limited to:
- Answers inquiries by telephone, voice message, e-mail and web query
- Researches and responds to queries from customers
- Communicates and enforces policies and procedures
- Collects and records student attendance records, including recording absences and make up vouchers, submitting monthly attendance reports to the Academy Operations Manager and following up with students who missed more than 2 classes in a row
- Files all incoming paperwork: forms, waivers, orders, etc.
- Attends staff and Academy meetings as necessary
- Assists Dean and Operations Manager with projects as necessary. This responsibility includes but is not limited to setup for parent observation week, summer intensive lunch, concessions and merchandise for Academy productions and events, some weekend hours
- Research projects and information as required by the Academy Operations Manager
- Assist Dean with administrative duties such as sending emails on Dean’s behalf, copying and faxing necessary paperwork
- Become familiar with basic knowledge of website editing
- Is able to set up and work with multiple spreadsheets
- Obtaining parent volunteers, receptionists, and teacher assistants for backstage during the show
- Assemble Activity books for Kids Dance Camps
- Excellent phone conversation skills
- Flexibility, positive attitude, good work ethic and sense of humor
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with and understanding of database software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize
- Background and/or interest in dance/performing arts a plus